Secure a simpler moving, shipping, or storage process with our full-service support and professional moving tips and guidelines!
Get Your Free Moving Estimate
One or two months before the move
- Get a moving estimate from Gateway Moving and Relocation and book our services.
- If you need help with packing, inquire about our packing services.
- Our movers Costa Rica can provide you with moving boxes and any necessary packing supplies.
- Start decluttering your basement, garage, attic, closets, etc.
- Host a garage sale or donate your unwanted things to charity.
- Make sure to handle all the junk removal in a safe and eco-friendly manner.
- Change your address online or visit your local post office to take care of it.
- Notify magazines, charge accounts, insurance companies, clubs, and all other organizations of your change of address.
One week prior to the move
- Self-packing will take time, so you should start as soon as possible. Make sure to acquire all the packing supplies you need.
- Label your moving boxes with the name of the room they should go to (kitchen, living room, bathroom, bedroom, basement, garage, etc.)
- Arrange for the handling of your utilities (electric, gas, water, phone). Schedule someone to disconnect them after the move if you haven’t sold the house to someone else.
- Arrange for refunds that are due, and schedule connections for your new residence.
- Cancel or transfer newspapers, Internet, cable TV, security, pest control, cleaning help, lawn maintenance, and any other services you receive.
Moving day tips
- Have everything boxed up, labeled, and organized by room.
- If you are looking for a way to save some money, have all of your furniture/beds disassembled and organized.
- Consider loading up your personal vehicle with anything you don’t want to have boxed up or in the truck. Most people don’t want their fragile pictures, vases, lamps, glass fixtures, etc. packed in boxes.
- Moving companies Costa Rica will not load gas cans, propane tanks, or any combustible substances into moving trucks.
- Be present when our moving crew arrives, to guide us through the property.
- Point out any specific precautions you might want us to take while packing and loading your belongings.
- Once everything is loaded up, do a walk-through to make sure that nothing is left behind.
- Check if all remaining appliances and lights have been shut off.
- Lock all windows and outside doors.
- Say farewell to your old home as you prepare to start the next stage of your life.
We moved from Colorado to Costa Rica. Alvaro is very responsive and professional and the container arrived earlier than he quoted. Great straight forward experience.
How It Works
Fill out the quote form or contact us via phone/email.
Chart Your Course
Provide us with the basic information about your upcoming relocation.
Step Through the Gateway
Let our moving company exceed your moving expectations.